Child Exploitation and Online Protection command
IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, PLEASE CALL THE POLICE ON 999 STRAIGHT AWAY. PLEASE ALSO TELL AN ADULT YOU TRUST WHO WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
CEOP is here to keep children safe from sexual abuse and grooming online.
CEOP are there to help and give you advice, and you can make a report directly to them if something has happened online which has made you feel unsafe, scared or worried. This might be from someone you know in real life, or someone you have only ever met online. All reports are taken seriously and they will do everything they can to keep you safe.
For further information click on the link below.
As well as making a report, the CEOP Thinkuknow website has information and advice to help you if something has happened to you online.
What kind of things do people report to CEOP?
Some of the things children and young people have reported to CEOP include:
- Someone online has asked me to send them nude images
- I shared a nude image with someone online and they are threatening me
- I did something that I was embarassed about on webcam and someone has turned nasty towards me
- Someone I don't know is asking me to live-stream and do things I don't want to do
- Someone online kept asking me to meet them face-to-face and I feel pressured by them
- Someone online was talking to me about sex and it made me feel uncomfortable
- Someone online is putting pressure on me to do things I don't want to do
- Someone I met in an online game keeps trying to talk to me privately
Are you being bullied?
If you are, or you are not ready to make a report to CEOP, you can talk to Childline anonymously online or on the phone - No worry is too big or too small!